Although the values of medicinal values of Turmeric is well known in India and used regularly in Indian kitchen, only in recent years have scientists from other countries discovered the amazing powers of turmeric.
Turmeric is the spice that gives curry its yellow colour. These compounds are called curcuminoids and the most important of which is curcumin. It is only 3% in Turmeric powder and it is not possible to use big amounts as spice. Substitution is then advisable, but compare the prices and the cheapest one could do too.
The properties of this spice are good for our health and make for an ideal start to the day and for the whole body. There are 8 reasons for this:
- Turmeric combats inflammation and almost as effective as some medications
- It protects your brain. In one experiment, turmeric prevented the deposition of certain protein complexes in the brain that are linked to Alzheimer’s
- Only one gram of turmeric is enough to optimize working memory for six hours. This discovery has been made by scientists at Monash University in Australia
- It could prevent cancer. Laboratory tests have shown that turmeric has anti-cancer properties
- Turmeric has been shown to improve digestion. It relieves, for example, flatulence and fullness
- Its ingredients support the liver and stimulate it, among other things, to release more bile acids. They bind to dietary fats and make the fat digestible
- Turmeric protects your heart. A study by the University of Tsukuba in Japan suggests that curcumin is just as effective for our vascular health as one hour of exercise. The natural dyes in turmeric are antioxidants that protect the cells. Curcumin the most important ones. Curcumin has powerful antioxidant effects. It neutralizes free radicals on its own but also stimulates your body’s own antioxidant enzymes. The antioxidant capacity of the body is increased significantly
- Turmeric may also help in the treatment of depression. This suggests a study from India in 2013
- Arthritis is a common disorder characterized by joint inflammation. Many studies show that curcumin can help treat symptoms of arthritis and is in some cases more effective than anti-inflammatory drugs available in the market
It is easy to get the benefits of turmeric for every day. If you want to benefit from the spice’s healthy effects, just add some turmeric to a cup of warm water. Stir well and drink immediately! It helps a lot!!
You know well all the allopathic medicines have side effects. But turmeric or curcumin does not have any side effects.
If you go for supplement go for a good one as many mix all possible things to make quick money.